CALL TO ARTISTS – Boundary Map

Plein Air Paint-Out Registration

What: 2016 Plein Air Paint-out

Who: Artists of all skill and experience levels

Where: Downtown Boyne City, Michigan

When: June 25th Competition 8:00 am – 3:00 pm

PRIZES Open Class: 1st Place $200 / 2nd Place $100 / 3rd Place $50

Student Class: 1st Place $50

REGISTRATION : All participants must pre-register or call Becky Harris at 231-330-2704. Please send the $10 fee to SOBO Arts Festival, 212 S. Park Street, Ste. F, or pay when you have your canvas stamped. (Students are free)

COMMUNITY PAINT OUT RULES & REGULATIONS

All painting must take place within the downtown area. A paint-out boundary map will be on our website and will also be provided at registration. Permission from owner must be granted to be on private property. Participants may select any painting site within the boundary map.
Saturday, June 25th, sign in at the information booth at Veterans Park. Have your blank canvas(es) stamped, receive your painting tag and inform us of your painting site. (2 canvases may be stamped)
Painting should be framed (optional) & brought to the reception tent by 3 pm
Judging will take place between 4:30 and 5 pm
Wet Paint Sale & reception in the tent at 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
DETAILS and REQUIREMENTS

MATERIALS: Paint-Out participants are required to bring all materials necessary for their work to be completed (canvas, paint, water, brushes, and an easel to work on and to display your art work during judging. We encourage you to bring an umbrella large enough to cover your work area to provide shade and protection in case of rain.
PAINTING RESTRICTIONS: All work must be completed 100% “en plein air,” e.g., outdoors, during the competition. Painting is to occur only between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00pm on Saturday, June 25, 2016.
PRESENTATION: Each painting must be presented in a manner the work can properly be presented, displayed or hung. (Optional framed or matted)
SET UP: Artists may choose their site and set up their equipment after registration time 8:00am-10:am.
BEGIN PAINTING: Begin painting after registration. The artists must start with nothing pre-painted, pre-drawn and create their artwork ONLY during the Community Paint-Out time frame. If the rules are violated, the participant will be disqualified. The paint-out ends at 3:00 pm.
COMPLETED ART: All artists must deliver their framed works by 3 pm to the reception tent in Sunset Park
RECEPTION: 4:00 – 5:30pm in the reception tent in Sunset Park
EXHIBIT & AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded by People’s Choice ballots in the reception tent. Event staff will assist participants in setting up their easels for the Community Paint-Out Exhibit and Awards. Judging will occur between 4:30 and 5:00pm. The exhibition and sale will conclude at 5:30pm. All work and easels must be picked up by 5:30 pm unless other arrangements have been arranged. The committee reserves the right to refuse work not deemed appropriate.
WINNERS: Paint-Out winners will be announced at 5 pm. The SOBO Arts Festival will award Open Class: 1st Place $200 / 2nd Place $100 / 3rd Place $50 and Student Class: 1st Place $50
SALE: All Paint-Out artwork must have a title and price, and is eligible for sale if desired by the artist. Proceeds from any sales will be split with the SOBO Arts Festival, which sponsors this event, with 80% to go to the artist and the remaining 20% to SOBO Arts Festival. There will be event staff on hand to accept payment.
PUBLICITY: Images of any work that are entered into the competition, as well as any “action” images taken in the field, may be used by the SOBO Arts Festival for publicity purposes for future competitions without prior approval.
LOSS/DAMAGE/INJURY: The participant recognizes and agrees that neither Boyne City Main Street nor any individual or entity associated with the SOBO Arts Festival can be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage to any artwork and/or personal property that may occur in connection with this event, nor for any injuries of any kind that may occur in connection with this event.
Good luck to all participants!