Starting A Business
Boyne City believes that creating an environment that is friendly and welcoming to small business and new entrepreneurs is critical to our growth and success. Through our Team Boyne and a network of business resources and service providers, we can offer assistance in navigating new and existing entrepreneurs to appropriate help and training. Additional resource agencies that offer support include:
- Northern Lakes Economic Alliance is a public/private non-profit organization serving Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan and Emmet Counties in Michigan. Established in 1984, the NLEA mission is to serve as a resource to local communities and businesses to retain and create jobs.
- SCORE offers the nation’s largest, network of free, expert business mentors that can provide the practical action plan, education and tools you need to open your doors and establish a customer base.
- Michigan Small Business Development Center provides counseling, training and research to assist small business to launch, grow, transition and innovate.
- Business Resource Center at Boyne District Library has access to significant resources for starting and growing a business. They also provide access to research databases that will help you understand your market or industry.
- Administered by the Library of Michigan in partnership with Michigan’s libraries of all types, the Michigan Electronic Library (http://mel.org) will provide all Michigan residents with free access to online full-text articles, full-text books, digital images, and other valuable research information at any time via the Internet.
Other Important Information:
- Creating a Business Plan is the first step in developing a new business model. Click here for a sample business plan template.
- Cash Flow Projections
- Understanding Your Business Financial Statements